60 mins Traditional Thai Yoga massage – body massage (given fully clothed ) £45
90 mins Traditional Thai Yoga massage – full body massage (given fully clothed) £60
Please contact email@example.com for an appointment, weekends on request.
Registered with the Thai Healing Alliance, I have studied Thai Yoga massage both in the UK and in Northern Thailand, where I was an assistant teacher in the hilltribe of Lahu for the Sunshine Network in association with the Thai healing alliance international. I am planning to return to Thailand on a regular basis to develop my massage skills in Northern Thailand further. I have my own private practice and offer one to one massage and workshops.
- Diploma in Thai Yoga Massage-Bodywisdom school accredited by Sunshine Network
- Certificate 90 hours training as an assistant teacher in Traditional Thai Yoga massage- The Sunshine Network, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Level 3 Anatomy &Physiology
What is Traditional Thai Yoga Massage?
Traditional Thai Massage, often now referred to as Thai Yoga Massage, is a deeply healing form of massage which combines elements of ayurvedic massage, Indian yoga postures, chinese acupressure, reflexology and meditation.
A session lasts from 1-2 hours and is tailor made to meet your individual needs and requirements to relieve pain and tension, improve flexibility and mobility and treat your specific issues.
Given fully clothed, traditional Thai yoga massage is performed on a futon on the floor with the patient wearing loose comfortable clothing.
Conditions which can benefit from Thai yoga Massage
- Back pain
- knee pain
- frozen shoulder
- muscular tension
- general aches and pains
- lower back pain
- muscular tension
- digestive disorders
- posture and breathing.
It is deeply detoxing of the muscle, joints and internal organs. Cleansing the body helps strengthen immunity.
Chronic fatigue and Fibromyalgia:
gentle massage can help boost energy and balance aches and pains improving sleep.
I offer northern style Thai massage which involves a unique combination of rhythmic rocking pressure and dynamic or gentle Hatha Yoga stretches, which releases blocked energy, relaxes the physical body and restores balance and harmony. Using thumbs, hands, forearms, elbows, knees and feet, I use my bodyweight, instead of strength, with a soothing meditative rhythm to gently rock and twist your body, assist in passive yoga stretches, apply pressure points and encourage the release of muscular tension and restore mobility to your joints and your spine.
Benefits from Thai yoga massage:
- Releases deep rooted tension from the entire body
- Opens up the energy pathways, releasing blockages and encouraging a free flow of energy
- Improves breathing techniques
- Stretches and opens up the sacroiliac and vertebral joints of the spine improving mobility, reducing compression and encouraging alignment
- Energises the mind and the body leaving you feeling relaxed and refreshed
- Rehabilitation from injury
- Gives a deep sense of feeling peaceful and balanced
An initial consultation detailing your health issues and injuries will enable me to provide a treatment unique to your individual needs.