What are the benefits of yoga?
Yoga increases flexibility, stamina, builds strength and improves posture. Most people find increased levels of energy and an enhanced feeling of wellbeing. Regular practice of yoga increases awareness and brings emotional stability and inner peace.
- Yoga is practiced in bare feet, you can keep your socks on for the opening meditation and relaxation.
- Wear clothes that let you move freely: shorts or leggings and a T-shirt are ideal because I need to see your alignment in poses, I need to see your ankles and feet.
- Best to eat around 2 hours before class. Yoga is best on an empty stomach.
- It’s ok to drink water before and after yoga but not during.
- I will need to know before class how you are? Tired, stressed, achy back, if you have new injuries, headache, bad day at work? or if you are on your period so that I can adapt any poses.
- Bring a jumper/fleece and socks and keep them with you as you may need them for relaxation.
- There is no need to bring any other equipment as everything is provided for the class, of course if you would like to bring your own mat and blanket then please feel free to.
- Best to arrive 10 mins early so that you can settle in.
- Please ask if you are unsure, there is no such thing as a silly question!
- Yoga studio’s are shoe free so you will need to take your shoes off at the door
Hope you found these tips useful, please get in touch if you have any questions 🙂